220 RUMOUR HAS IT ~ Makeup tutorial

By Unknown - May 11, 2014


I've never really been one for really colorful lips, as I love my nude and pale pink lips, but recently I purchased Rimmel's Lasting finish lip crayon in the shade 220 Rumour has it . I am absolutely in love with this and I wanted to show you how i did my makeup using this lip product for an every day look !  
So if you like the makeup in the photos below; keep reading. 








1) Start off with prepping the skin - moisturize and prime ! 
 For this I just used my normal everyday moisturizer by Murad and The body shops's Face primer for oily skin. Don't forget to exfoliate your lips and moisturize them too!


2) Next apply your base.
       Use whatever foundation works for you and apply all over your face;starting from the middle of your face and working your way out. The reason why i do this  is because most of my blemishes and redness are in the center of my face and so i want more coverage in those areas, which means more product. For this I used my Estee lauder  double wear light foundation and applied it with my damp Beauty blender.


3) Let that set on your face and lets start on the eyes. As we are going for a bright bold lip i wanted a natural eye look. 
    1)Apply an eye shadow primer all over your lids. I used Smashbox photo finish lid primer.

     2) Using a flat shader brush , I went in with Urban decay naked palette 3's "Strange" all over my lids.
         Make sure you start from your inner corner and go right up to your brow bone. If you don't have urban decay Naked 3 then you can use any matte cream colours.

3) Then I applied Mac's "Naked Lunch" using my Mac 217 brush on to the center of my lip below the crease.

4) Using the same brush apply "Mulch" by Mac in to your crease focusing on the outer half of your crease. Tip :if you have small eyes, like me, you can go slightly above the crease; creating the illusion of larger eyes.

5) Blend these out- i used Macs 224 to do this .

6) I then applied Macs "shroom" ( use any highlight , shimmery shadows ) below my brow bone and on my
inner corner.

7) Using my Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner in Black ink with an eyeliner brush i applied it from the middle section of my lash line following my natural eye shape to the outer section of my lash line. Creating thick and fuller lashes and also creating the illusion larger eyes.

8) Apply a white eyeliner to your lower water line. This makes you look a lot more fresh and awake and also makes your eyes look bigger. I love this trick and i always get lots of compliments when i do ! 

9) Curl your lashes if necessary and apply mascara.

10) Fill in your eyebrows as natural as possible, I  used Macs Omega eye shadow on a angled brush, using light feather strokes.

4) Back to base 
  
   1) I applied my Lasting perfection concealer by collection to any blemishes and under my eyes, using the pointed end of my beauty blender.

    2) Next I applied my Mac's Prep and Prime Highligher in "radiant rose" underneath my eyes and down the center of my nose.

  3) set with a translucent powder.

4) Using my Nars "luguna bronzer" on my real techniques blusher brush i applied it to the sides of my forehead, cheeks and jawline using the "3" motion.

5) I then contoured my cheeks with Benefits "HULA".

6) Grab your favorite natural looking bush and apply to the apple of your cheeks working it back to your hairline in circular motions to insure its all blended.

7) Next grab your favourite powder highlight and apply to the top of your cheek bones , down the center of your nose and your brown bone. I used Macs skin finish in "soft and gentle" .

5) Lips!

1) Apply a lip liner and fill in your lips as well. I used MUA's in "pink me up".

2) Next apply Rimmel's lip crayon in "Rumour has it" .


  I love this look for spring and I hope you do too.
                                                      
                                                     Thank you
                                                         And
                                                         Hope
                                                          This
                                                           Helps!
                                                        LOVE. Liv x x x


 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments