Lyd & Liv : Night Glam Makeup Tutorial.

By Unknown - August 03, 2017

     Hey guys, I hope life is treating you well. Im super excited about todays post as I had the pleasure of collaborating with the Gorgeous Lydia Ashley, who is the owner of http://lydiakateashley.blogspot.co.uk. and a great friend of mine. You guys should totally go check out her blog, she's extremely talented. Its been so refreshing hanging out and working with someone who just gets me, we bounce ideas of each other,  have the same interests and she's a genuine and lovely girl, so if you've not checked out her blog before go and check it out.

Lydia and I decided we would create a makeup look each, Lydia created the most gorgeous day Glam makeup look on me, which I loved,  and I created a Night glam look on her. It was super fun day and we both were extremely happy with the end results. I was so happy that I got to do the Night glam look on Lydia as she's the most glam person I know so I wanted to do a look to match.





For me as an aspiring makeup artist my first and foremost rule when doing makeup is never to mask but to enhance the models or clients natural beauty, now for some people this might mean using less makeup. However, I think enhancing doesn't limit you to the 'natural' look, you can 100% go all out, but the trick to doing both is to look at the clients face, look at their features what do you want to stand out? The main rule to this is following their natural shape, on the eyes follow the natural shape of the crease and lash line, keep the eyebrows to their natural shape and on the face apply bronzer, contour, blush and highlighter to the right places for the clients face shape, this may be different to what your used to doing on yourself. But its easy to adapt to different faces if you really observe before application. 

In this case, Lydia is obviously stunning so my job was really easy, and I really enjoyed applying makeup to her face. 


Prep
Prepping the skin before any sort of makeup look is the most important process to making sure you have a smooth base. 

1) Make sure the skin has been cleansed: Clean skin is important to making sure the makeup sits well on the face, plus this step is vital for preventing any blemishes. Any bit of dirt getting trapped In underneath the makeup can sink in to the pores causing them to clog up. 

2) Moisturising: For Lydia I went in with Arbonne's calm gentle daily moisturiser. 

3) Primer: Using a primer ensures that the makeup can last all day, but it also is a layer of protection to stop your makeup sinking in to your pores. 


Eyes







This is where I wanted the drama to be, ahh I love them I'm not going to lie. Eyeshadow is my favourite part to do in when I do makeup! It completely makes a look. I wanted to show everyone how you can do 'glam' by still using brown and natural colours. I know a lot of people don't like to go out of their comfort zone with makeup so I thought I'd show you all how I would do a sexy, sultry look that you could easily recreate and feel comfortable with on a night out. If you recreate this eye look I'd love for you to send a picture to me of it. 

1) After filling out Lydia's eye brows, keeping to Lydia's natural shape, I carved out the eyebrows with an Arbonne concealer in light. 

2) Next I used Mac's Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Soft Ochre all over the lid, gently pushing the product in to skin. 

3) First off I took the shade REALGAR from the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance palette on a soft fluffy eyeshadow brush and applied in the crease blending back and fourth until blended seamlessly. Now I know this colour may scare people as its orange however, if you look at the picture above you'll see theres no orange. I love popping an orange shade in the crease as a base when doing brown shadow as it brightens the brown and warms the overall eyeshadow colour. 

4) Next I took the shade SUMMER YUM from the TOO FACED Sweet peach palette on a slightly more  dense brush and applied on the outer lid and crease, blending as I go. 

5) Using the shade PUREE from the same palette as a transition colour by applying once again in the crease. Then switching to a clean fluffy blending blush I blend these all together. Blending till it has a flawless finish, making sure I leave the lid and inner corner bare. 

6) Switching back to the Modern Renaissance palette, I took the Shade Busted on a pencil brush and applied in the outer corner of the eye creating outer v-shape. This really defines the eye shape. 

7) Then taking the shade BUSTED from the Urban Decay Naked 2 palette on a smaller denser pencil brush, creating a smaller v-shape in the outer corner to define even further. 

8) Now blend blend blend! when you think you've blended enough blend some more! 

9) On a flat brush, I sprayed with a setting spray to make the eyeshadow more pigmented, I applied the shade Luscious from the Too Faced Sweet peach palette. Patting this on the lid and inner corner. 

10) Using a smaller flat brush I applied the colour BOOTYCALL from the Urban Decay Naked palette in the inner corner to give the eyes a pop. 

11) I then used a Makeupgeek Pigment in the shade STARGAZER on the same wet flat brush and patted on the lid to give it some beautiful shimmer. 


12) I then used a liquid liner and applied the liner following the natural shape of the lash line. 

13) I then took the shade busted along the bottom lash line and lightly blended. 

14) After finishing the face, I applied some ARDELL DEMI WHISPIES and coated the bottom lashes with the ARBONNE MASCARA.




The Face. 







1) For foundation I used the ARBONNE PERFECTING LIQUID FOUNDATION in shades ALABASTER and FAIR mixing the two, buffing it in to the skin. Taking a beauty blender I patted the foundation in to the skin to give a flawless finish. 


2) Under the eyes I used ARBONNE'S LIQUID CONCEALER in Fair. blending in with the beauty blender. 

3) I then contoured using The ANASTASIA CONTOUR PALETTE. Not to change the shape of Lydia's face but to enhance her cheek bones and bronze her up.

4) I then set the whole face with ARBONNE's SETTING PRETTY POWDER lightly dusting on a fluffy powder brush. Picking up more on the brush I set under the eyes to stop any creasing.

5) Using Kat Von D's Contour palette, I used the lightest contouring powder, I set the contour I had done previously in place. 

6) Next I bronzed the whole face using the 3 method using ARBONNE BRONZER. 

7) I applied the ARBONNE BLUSH IN BLOSSOM on the cheek bones. 

8) On a fan brush I applied the highlighter in shade SUMMER from the ABH SUNKISSED GLOW KIT.

9) On the same brush I used the highlighter shade CHAMPAGNE SHIMMER from the Tanya Burr cheek palette. 




On Lydia's lips I used the ABH LIQUID LIPSTICK IN CRUSH and then applied CHANEL'S lipgloss 166. 




I loved doing Lydia's makeup ! Make sure you go check out her blog to go see how Lydia did The day Glam look on me. Which I loved sooo much,  plus theres a gorgeous glitter that you guys need to know about!
  
              Lydia's blog



I loved Collaborating with Lydia and I hope you guys have enjoyed it too! 


Buy the Arbonne products here: http://OliviaMarshall.arbonne.com/

Thank you so much for reading,
Lots of love,
Liv X


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments